When you have a chipped, cracked or discolored tooth or teeth, it deflects from the beauty of your smile. These issues can be easily repaired with a cosmetic procedure called bonding. Bonding uses a composite resin that can be molded to repair any cracks or chips and leave your teeth looking brand new again! The resin also helps to hide away discoloration in teeth that cannot be repaired with teeth whitening treatments. Another advantage of using composite resin for bonding treatments is that the resin closely mirrors the color of your natural teeth so no one will notice you had any treatment done. They will just see your perfect and shining teeth! This treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic treatment because it is simple, fast, and inexpensive and the results are amazing! You will leave our office with a radiant and beautiful time in one short, pain-free visit!
How Does Bonding Work?
- Dr. Levitt will first examine your teeth to determine which teeth can benefit from bonding treatment
- The tooth or teeth that will be treated are completely cleaned of any plaque or tartar
- To fit the resin, the tooth or teeth's surface has to be lightly scratched, and a bonding agent applied to prepare for the resin
- The composite resin is applied to the surface of the tooth or teeth and molded into the right shape and size to blend perfectly with your natural teeth
- A curing light is then used to harden set the resin
- The tooth or teeth are then polished to leave them shiny
You can now go show off your new radiant smile! Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended to keep your teeth and resins healthy. Be careful with alcohol mouthwashes or hard foods as they might weaken or chip the resins.
If you want to get your radiant smile back, visit us at Old Town Orange Dental Group in 532 E Chapman Ave., Orange CA, 92866 or give us a call today at (714) 997-9030 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Levitt and find out if composite bonding is the right treatment for you!