Professional Teeth Cleanings and Complete Checkups
Practicing good oral hygiene is crucial because it helps maintain your dental health, but dentists also recommend that twice a year you come in for a dental checkup and a professional cleaning to ensure your dental health is at its best. A complete dental checkup allows your doctor to closely follow your dental development as well as detect any issues while the problem is small rather than later when the damage is greater and the treatment more extensive. A professional teeth cleaning provides you with more protection against caries and infections as it helps clean and removes any particles that are hard to remove even with your daily brushing and flossing.
Complete Checkup Procedure
- Visual examination of your mouth, teeth, gums and jaw
- Evaluation of your jaws and your bite to check for an underbite or overbite issue
- Dr. Levitt will order digital dental X-rays and other exams for a comprehensive checkup
- An oral cancer screening will be done to check for lumps, lesions or color changes in your lips, tongue, teeth, cheeks and neck with additional tests if requested by the dentist after examination
Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Done by your dentist or dental hygienist
- Teeth are brushed and rinsed to remove plaque and tartar buildup
- To remove any stains, teeth are polished
- Dental sealants and fluoride varnish are applied if needed for extra protection against cavities
Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended to maintain a healthy and radiant smile. Having professional cleanings and complete checkups twice a year will not only keep your teeth shining and clean but will also help your dentist spot any problems at an early stage. Don’t let time go by before you visit your dentist for these simple procedures!
If you are interested in getting a professional cleaning or want to have a complete dental checkup visit us at Old Town Orange Dental Group at 532 E Chapman Ave., Orange CA, 92866 or give us a call at (714) 997-9030 to schedule your appointment today!